Are you craving for a smoky chargrilled steak? It’s become very easy to satisfy your craving if you had a griddle pan at your home. A griddle pan is the best to Chargrilling food which produces a smoky taste and flavor of the ingredients by caramelizing its sugars, juices and fat in the bottom and insert flavors to whatever you’re cooking.
A frying pan with a series of parallel ridges used for cooking food with radiant heat on a stovetop, or with a metal grid in it. This pan is referred to as a “griddle pan” in the UK and Ireland.
Using a grill pan or griddle helps you to get the delicious flavour from a grill while using your burner. Griddles and grill pans are a great way to save time while still enjoying some of the famous grilled foods you might enjoy, like steaks, hamburgers or grilled fishes.
“Grill marks don’t just look pretty, they also help create a flavorful crust, and even more important the tall ridges of the pan let that food cook above any rendered fat, not in it,” as said by Lisa McManus, who is an executive tasting and testing’s editor at America’s Test Kitchen.
Here we are always ready to help you to select the best griddle pan for you. Let’s have a look.
AT A GLANCE
The Lodge Griddle Pan is made of cast iron which is durable and affordable. This pan is already seasoned and ready to use.
This pan features heat resistant handle for easy movement, this pans allows even heat distribute and ensure ideal cooking for bacon, steaks and more.
This pan is good fit for gas stove, induction stove and also for oven. Moreover, this deal is a perfect match to cook delicious meals.
- Oven safe
- Featured Curved Handle for Leverage
- Square 10-1/2″ x 1-3/8″8 lbs
- It’s healthy, boosting the mineral in your diet
- Made in Colombia using European cast iron machinery.
|Deep ridges and defined lines||Not comes with lid|
The Copper Chef stainless steel induction a perfect cooking surface. These pans are suitable for almost all types of stove such as electric, gas, ceramic and also induction cooktops.
This griddle pan is non-stick but it is PTFE Free, that means it’s safe and healthy. This griddle pan featured without butter or oil cooking and heat resistant handles up to 850 degrees F.
- Set includes- 8″ Griddle Pan, 11″ Griddle, 9.5″ Grill Pan, 9.5″ Glass Lid, 11″ Glass Lid.
- Allowing for fast, even cooking.
- Includes tempered glass lid
- Stainless Steel material
- Oven and dishwasher safe
|Easy to clean||A large pan set for storing|
Whatever you want to cook, this pan’s performance is excellently satisfactory. The most amazing feature is distributing heat and releasing food.
Its ensure 100% nonstick surface and oil-free cooking along with the taste and look of the grill. Comes with extra deep side and a clear lid. The cast aluminum coating makes it easy to clean and save your time.
- It featured thermostat technology.
- It is compatible with gas and electric stoves.
- Power glide non-stick coating
- Heat resistant handle which ensures a secure grip
- It offers a lifetime guarantee on non-stick coating peeling.
|Comes with lid||Not suggest for induction stove.|
If you evaluate cooking performance, then this is one of the best griddle pans. This aluminum griddle pan features heat resistant handle, define a grid and perfect drainage.
This is a fantastic option to try out. Overall it presents a very impressive quality. It’s dubitable even after regular use and you can grill almost everything especially red meat steaks, fish, chicken breast and also vegetables.
- It’s Durable and ensures equal heat distribution.
- Eco friendly and PFOA-free.
- German-engineered non-stick coating ensures perfect performance by low oil.
- Stainless steel handle comes with non-slip silicone.
- Oven safe up to 390 F/200 C
- Compatible with most stovetops, except induction.
- 10-year limited warranty
|Easy to clean||Don’t come with a lid.|
|Able to cater to large capacity|
Weather demands a perfect grill? This Blue Diamond griddle pan can make your wish true as quick as a blink. This griddle pan gives you maximum performance with strong flavors. This grill pan is specially designed with sharp grill lines that drain the fat and grease drain away without a mess.
The griddle pan features a steam lid that helps cook up to 30% faster and contains splatter to keep your stovetop spotless. The extra-large but lightweight. Its ceramic non-stick coating ensures10x long-lasting than any other traditional nonstick cookware.
- Scratch and Splatter-Resistant
- Free of Toxic Chemicals like PFOA, PFAs, cadmium, and lead
- Suitable for gas, electric, halogen and ceramic stovetops
- Oven safe to 500°F
- Dishwasher Safe
|Easy to clean||This pan is shallow|
|Comes with lid|
Types of Griddle Pan:
There are mainly two types of the griddle pan.
- Cast iron: Those pans are not nonstick. Its need a well-seasoned to make it nonstick. It’s heavy but widely used all over the world.
- Nonstick: Nonstick griddle pans are made of different material with non-stick coating.
- Carbon steel: It’s a great alternative to cast iron for its lightweight. It’s easy to use and budget-friendly. But it doesn’t heat up evenly.
- Hard anodized: This griddle pan is electrochemically treated to produce with a hard finish. That surface doesn’t react with the foods so it’s healthier. Also lightweight and quick heat up.
- Ceramic: This griddle cookware is very easy to clean and affordable also. But it’s not durable, the non-stick coating can wear off easily.
- Aluminium: Those are most popular within the non-stick griddle pans. Those are lightweight, durable and affordable.
Tips for your griddle Pan
- The griddle pans are not for oil foods. The ridges are for drain oil so there is no point to add oil on this pan.
- Avoid using steel spoon on a non-stick griddle pan. Use only plastic and robber spoon for long non-stick life.
- Clean the pan when it becomes cool properly, with a sponge, cool water and liquid soap.
- From avoiding food stick on cast-iron griddle pans make sure pan’s season properly and cook food on high heat.
- For an ovenproof griddle pan, ensure that the pan is hot enough when you place it into the oven.
How to Season Cast-Iron Griddle pan?
- Scrub the Griddle pan properly with water.
- Leave it to dry thoroughly.
- Spread a layer of oil very properly all over the griddle pan.
- Place it upside down on a gas stove or on the middle rack of an oven at 375°F.
- Heat it up for 1 hour and let it cool down there.
Cooking on the griddle pan
The first step is heated the surface evenly so at first, you need to heat up the surface for a few minutes. Once the pan is hot, brush a bit of oil on the surface.
Then put your meat, fish or vegetables in a decent gap. Leave then for few minters. Don’t flip the food too soon. Wait for the crust cook properly then turn over. Cook both side as you want and finally you will get your desire dish.
Food tends to cook quickly in a griddle pan, so keeping checking it doesn’t burn. Cooking times may vary depending on what you are cooking, its thickness and temperature.
Cleaning and Storage of Griddle Pan
It’s very important Cleaning a griddle pan properly after each use. It ensures durability and perfect outcomes after years. To clean the griddle pan, at first allow it to cool down then use cool water, the liquid dish was and sponge to clean. On the other hand, you can soak it in warm water and clean it with a sponge.
After wash dry it properly and store it in a dry place.
Things Should be considering buying Best Griddle pan
- Non-stick: It’s important that the pan need be non-stick but take it in concern that it must be toxic-free.
- Oven-proof: Ovenproof griddle pans are most useful and easy to cook your perfect dish.
- Ridge: For the perfect striped look ridges need to be sharp and defined.
- Drainage: Look for drainage channels, its make drainage extra easier.
- Weight: Lightweight pans are handy and easy to use.
- Dishwasher friendly: Dishwasher safe pans can save your time.
- Heat Transmission: A Pan which gets heated quickly and evenly.
- Heat Holding Capacity: Select that one which grips the heat for a long time after heated once
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a griddle pan?
An outdoor grill may have ridges that mimic the searing marks left on foods, or they may have smooth surfaces that uniformly disperse heat. Often suitable for pancakes, French toast, bacon, eggs or crepes is the smooth surface of a griddle pan.
What does a griddle do?
A griddle has a smooth, flat surface that is ideal for cooking breakfast foods such as bacon, sausages, biscuits, home fries, French toast, and eggs. You can also make grilled cheese sandwiches, quesadillas, and anything else you can usually eat on a frying pan using a griddle.
Is a griddle the same as a frying pan?
Ease of Use: Skillets are generally more compact and easy to use as compared to a griddle. Skillet is often also referred to as fry pans. They are used for shallow frying, sauteing and even searing. They are the most common kitchen tool and available in almost all the kitchen.
What is a griddle made of?
A griddle may be composed of chrome steel, aluminium, or carbon steel. The vast majority of commercial-grade griddles are made from A36 steel, though some are stainless steel or composites of stainless and aluminium.
Is cooking on a griddle healthy?
Yes. The griddle requires minimal grease, thereby producing healthier food.
Do you need oil in a griddle pan?
Pre-heat it over medium-high heat for 5 minutes before cooking on a grill pan to use, allowing the whole surface of the pot to get heated. You’ll be cooking while the pan is heating up, brush oil on the rice. Avoid putting oil in the grill pan directly as it may burn and ruin your diet’s flavour.
What are the benefits of a griddle pan?
The main benefit of a griddle pan is the large flat cooking surface. This allows for more food to be cooked at once, compared to other pots. This makes the griddle pan especially useful for cooking food that’s to be served in batches – such as pancakes, burgers, flatbreads, etc.
Can you use pans on a griddle?
Yes, you can use pots and pans on griddle.
How thick should a griddle be?
The cooking surface is commonly 24 inches (610 mm) from front to back, but maybe as shallow as 15 inches (380 mm) or as deep as 32 inches (810 mm). Widths range from 1 foot (305 mm) to 7 feet (2130 mm), and the griddle plate may be ½ to 1¼-inches (15 to 30 mm) thick.
Can you cook chicken on a griddle?
Yes. you can cook chicken on a griddle pans. Steam the griddle until it’s very hot, brush it with some oil and cook the chicken on each side for 4 to 5 minutes or until it’s done.
What oil do you use on a griddle?
Spray or pour cooking oil on griddle surface. Little griddle recommends using oils suitable for high-heat sautéing applications. Peanut oil, avocado oil, coconut oil and grapeseed oil are all terrific. Olive oil and butter are very good for medium-heat cooking.
Can you cook burgers on a griddle?
Put a flat cast-iron grid in the middle of the griddle on the grates. When the grill and grid are dry, put the burgers on the grid and cook covered for 8 to 10 minutes until the meat is no longer pink, turning once halfway through the grilling process.
What temperature do you cook burgers on a griddle?
Coat with shortening, butter or oil on your skillet or griddle. Look for a surface that is slightly greased. Preheat your skillet for 10 minutes on a medium-low burner, or set it to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Do you cook burgers on an electric griddle?
Preheat the grid for at least 5 minutes over medium heat. The grid must be hot enough to build a crust on the outside of the burgers, but not so hot as to sear the outside of the burger before the inside cooks. You can use an electric grid or grid.
How long do you cook hamburgers on electric grill?
For a medium-done patty, a burger should be cooked on each side for about four minutes. Cook on each side for about five minutes for a well-done burger. To ensure that they hit the correct temperature, double-check the burgers center with a thermometer. Some electric grills simultaneously cook on both sides.
How do you get burnt food off a griddle?
Clear as much as possible by rubbing it gently. Gently pour hot water over the panel and apply liquid to the dishwasher. Take a sponge and massage the surface of the grid to clean the bits of burnt food and left the gunk on the pan. Dry the griddle and wipe the sponge as much as possible.
How do you cook Bubba burgers on a griddle?
Place butter in a saucepan and cook over medium heat. Remove frozen BUBBA Burger patty once the butter is sizzling. Cook each side for 4-5 minutes until it reaches the desired temperature.
How do you toast hamburger buns on a griddle?
Toast a bun on a plate, grill or barbecue, open the bread, put it on the grill side down, and grill for about 10 seconds until light golden brown.