A measuring cup is kitchen tool which is used to measure the volume of liquid or solid ingredients such as flour, milk or sugar. Measuring cups are also known as Measuring jug. The cup usually comes with a scale marked in cups to determine the amount or weight of any liquid or dry ingredients.
There are several types of measuring cups available in the market today. They come in various sizes, shapes, and materials. Some are designed for specific purposes such as baking or cooking, while others are meant for general usage.
There are two main categories of measuring cups: dry and liquid. Dry measuring cups are usually made out of plastic, metal, glass, ceramic, wood, etc. Liquid measuring cups are usually made of plastic, glass, or stainless steel.
Perfect measuring cups can make any dish perfect, it makes you a better cook. For your perfect cooking, here we are with the best measuring cups list …
- OXO Good Grips 2-Cup (Best Measuring Cup for liquid measurement)
- KitchenAid Classic Measuring Cups (Best Measuring Cup for solid measurement)
- Pyrex Glass Measuring Cup Set (Overall Best Measuring Cup)
- Prepworks by Progressive Ultimate (Best Cheap Measuring Cup)
- New Star Foodservice 42917 Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons and Measuring Cups Combo ( Best Measuring Cup and spoon combo)
- Simply Gourmet Measuring Cups and Measuring Spoons Set. (Best Stainless Steel Measuring Cups)
- Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Collapsible Measuring Cups (Best Plastic Measuring Cups)
Best Measuring Cups
Best Measuring Cup for Liquid measurement
|OXO Good Grips 2-Cup||
Best Measuring Cup for solid measurement
|KitchenAid Classic Measuring Cups||
Overall Best Measuring Cup
|Pyrex Glass Measuring Cup Set||
Best Budget Measuring Cup
|Prepworks by Progressive Ultimate||
Best Measuring Cup and Spoon Combo
|New Star Foodservice 42917 Measuring Cups and Spoons Combo||
Best Stainless Steel Measuring Cups
|Simply Gourmet Measuring Cups and Measuring Spoons Set||
Best Plastic Measuring Cups
|Measuring Cups and Spoons Set, Collapsible Measuring Cups||
"As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases."
OXO Good Grips 2-Cup Angled Measuring Cup
The OXO Good Grips 2-Cup Angled Measuring Cup is a great kitchen tool for mixing ingredients, scraping down bowls, and stirring sauces. It has two cups that fit together perfectly, making it easy to mix ingredients. This product also comes with a nonstick coating, which makes it easier to clean up after use.
- It has a comfortable handle that’s easy to hold.
- The lid is wide enough to fit in most microwaves.
- It’s dishwasher safe.
- The wide mouth makes it easier to measure liquids.
- It’s easy to use and holds up to 1 cup.
- It’s easy to use.
- It’s sturdy.
- It’s dishwasher safe.
- It doesn’t have a lid.
- It’s not very tall.
- It’s too small for some recipes.
KitchenAid Classic Measuring Cups
The KitchenAid Classic measuring cups are great for baking and cooking. They are made from stainless steel and come in different sizes. These cups are dishwasher safe and are also microwave safe. They come in different sizes, from 1/4 cup up to 16 oz., and they are dishwasher safe.
- They’re dishwasher safe!
- The cups come in different sizes.
- You can use them with liquid measuring spoons.
- They have a nonstick coating that’s easy to clean.
- The cups have a wide mouth that makes it easy to pour liquids into them.
- The cups are made of stainless steel, which is durable and won’t react with acidic foods.
- They are easy to clean
- Dishwasher safe
- They are microwave safe
- They do not have lids
- You cannot stack them in your cupboard
Pyrex Glass Measuring Cup Set
The pyrex glass measuring cup set is one of my favorite kitchen tools. I use them for cooking, baking, and making coffee. They are easy to clean and dishwasher safe. These cups come in different sizes, from 1/4 cup up to 2 cups. The cups measure 1 cup, 2/3 cup, and 1/2 cup. They are made from pyrex glass which is durable and non-toxic.
- Great for cooking, baking, and measuring ingredients.
- These cups are great for measuring liquids in recipes.
- They’re dishwasher safe.
- The set includes four different sizes.
- The cups have handles on top so you can carry them easily.
- Sets of 4 measuring cups are inexpensive!
- Measuring cups are useful for cooking.
- You can use them to measure any liquid you want.
- They might break if dropped
- They do not come with measuring spoons.
Prepworks by Progressive Ultimate 19-Piece Measuring Cups & Spoon Set
The progressive ultimate cups and spoons set are essential for preparing meals at home. This set has a wide assortment of measuring cups and spoons to ensure proper portion sizes. The cups and spoons are made from stainless steel which makes them durable and easy to clean so they last for years. With the included lid and bowl storage rack, these measuring cups and spoons are perfect for keeping all of your kitchen utensils organized.
- For pouring liquids like coffee and tomato sauce.
- Make sure you have enough measuring cups!
- This set includes 10 large and 6 medium measuring cups in a variety of sizes.
- The plastic liner is dishwasher safe.
- A set that includes measuring cups and spoons that stack
- Durable materials that last longer than other sets.
- Great for cooking
- Dishwasher & Microwave safe
- Stainless steel inside and out
- It can be hard to find some measuring cups.
- Some of the spoons are plastic but others are metal
Foodservice Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons and Measuring Cups Combo
The new Star Foodservice 42917 stainless steel measuring spoons and cups combo is designed for use in commercial kitchens. These measuring spoons and cups come with a convenient handle that makes them easy to hold while pouring from one container to another.
They also feature a large capacity that allows chefs to measure larger amounts of ingredients such as flour, sugar, and spices. Each set includes six measuring spoons and eight measuring cups. This kitchenware set comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Includes one tablespoon, two teaspoons, one-quarter cup, one-half cup, one cup, and one-pint measure.
- The set includes eight measuring cups in five sizes and four sets of measuring spoons in three sizes.
- It’s stainless steel!
- It comes with measuring cups, spoons, and spatulas.
- The measurements are easy to read.
- You can only use them for cooking or baking.
Simply Gourmet Measuring Cups and Spoons Set
The Simply Gourmet Measuring Cup and Spoon Set has a great design for measuring ingredients. This set includes 1 12 oz. cup, 2 10 oz. cups, 4 6 oz. cups, and 8 tablespoons. They also come in different colors such as blue, red, green, black, white, yellow, orange, and purple.
Simply Gourmet Measurings Cups and Spoons Set is a set of measuring cups and spoons that are made from stainless steel and feature a stylish design. The measuring cups and spoons are dishwasher safe, which makes them easy to clean up after use.
- The set includes one measuring cup, two measuring spoons, one large spoon, one small spoon, and one ladle.
- The set is dishwasher safe
- These measuring cups and spoons are made of stainless steel.
- This set has an ergonomic design that fits comfortably in your hand.
- This set is BPA-free.
- Makes measuring easy
- Easy to use
- No spills or messes
- It will not fit in most microwaves
Measuring Cups and Spoons Set Collapsible Measuring Cups by Leeoiya
This set of collapsible measuring cups and spoons is perfect for camping trips, picnics, and other outdoor activities. The set includes a 6 cup measuring scoop, 2 8 cup measuring scoops, 1 12 cups measuring scoop, and 1 16 cups measuring scoop. They are made from high-quality plastic and include a soft carrying pouch.
- These collapsible cups can be used in both metric and imperial measurements. They’re easy to carry around and they won’t spill when you knock them over.
- The measuring cup set includes 4 different sizes, 1 tbsp., 2 tbsp., 5 tbsp., and 8 tbsp.
- Measurement markings on each cup are in milliliters, grams, ounces, pounds, and kilograms.
- Each cup is made out of BPA-free plastic.
- Measuring cups are easy to carry around
- Measuring spoons are easy to use
- The measuring spoon set is collapsible
- They’re not as good as stainless steel measuring cups in terms of durability
Measuring Cups Buyers’ Guide
In the market, there are three types of measuring cups available. We have tested most of them and sharing our experience with you.
For measuring solid cooking ingredients like flour, sugar, oats, etc. are generally used a special cups and spoons those are called dry measuring. Usually, these are made of plastic or metal. You can buy in single pieces or in a set, a set includes 1 cup, 1/2 cup 1/3 cup and 1/4 cup. For measuring your ingredients full your scoop and then level off with a straight edge and get your perfect measurements.
Considerations for Dry Measuring Cups
Made of stainless steel:
According to expert’s stainless steel measuring cups are more appropriate for dry staffs as with heavy-gauge steel handle it is easy to balance brown sugar or other heavier ingredients without massing. One more thing metal has not absorbed the colour of any colourful ingredient like turmeric.
Stability and Balance:
Try to select cups with short and wide handles. That helps the cups stay stable and they are also comfortable to hold. Long handles tended to tip backwards.
Measurement cups with clear, visual and bold labels are always best. It’s difficult to find labels in a fill cups.
Generally, a vessel used for measuring liquids. Clear glass or plastic measuring cups are easiest to use to measure liquid. After filling the cup with liquid vertically keep your eye on the level and make sure the cup is on a level surface you then you will definitely get a perfect measurement. In liquid measuring cups, the scale is determined in ml.
Considerations for Liquid Measuring Cups
Look for the models with labels which is easy to read and included measurements in cups, millilitres, and fluid ounces. Try to avoid printed marks that’s are faded up with time. That’s better which cups allowed to measure even small amounts grids. Although some liquid measuring cups come with only ½ cup or as ¼ cup marks are also good.
Among different materials, silicone is most durable for liquid measurement. Silicone is heat resistant and safe. Plastic measurement cups are less trend to break than glass, but it can crack, melt, or warp. Glass can easily break off but these are heat resistant, if you can use it carefully it can stay a lifetime.
Plastic and silicone are most likely to pick up stains and smells. In this case, most are prefer glass because it won’t stain or retain smells.
Liquid measuring cups with L-shaped handles are better than loop-shaped handles, its allow to stack cups easily.
Measurement Relation Between Cup, Gram and Litter
|1/2 cup||64 g||118ml|
|2/3 cup||85 g||158ml|
|3/4 cup||96 g||177ml|
|1 cup||128 g||250ml|
Adjustable measuring cups:
Adjustable measuring cups are great for cooking and baking because they allow you to measure different amounts of ingredients easily. They also help when making certain recipes because you don’t need to use a specific amount of liquid.
Measuring scoops are used for measuring ingredients in recipes. They come in different sizes and shapes depending on their intended use. For example, a tablespoon measures about 3 teaspoons, while a teaspoon measures 5/8 of an ounce.
Silicone measuring cups are used for measuring liquids in laboratories and kitchens. They have an advantage over glass because they do not break when dropped on hard surfaces.
What are the sizes of measuring cups?
The standard 4 measuring cup sizes for dry ingredients are 1 cup, ½ cup, ⅓ cup and ¼ cup. For liquid ingredients, one cup comes with different markings.
Is 250ml equal to 1 cup?
Yes, 250ml is equal to 1 cup.
How can I measure 1 cup at home?
We can give you a basic idea about measurement without a measuring cup at home.
- 1/8 teaspoon is about to one good pinch between your three-finger, thumb and forefinger and middle finger.
- A teaspoon is about the size of the tip of your five fingers together or a coffee spoon.
- You can measure a tablespoon which is about to half of a ping-pong ball or the size of an ice cube. You can measure it with a dinner spoon
- 1/4 cup is about the size of a large egg.
- 1/2 cup is about the size of a tennis ball.
- 1 cup is about the size of a standard coffee mug
Are measuring cups accurate?
Most of the measuring cups give accurate measurement but in some cases, its vary from 5-10%
How many measuring cups are there?
Generally, dry measuring cups come in 1/4 cup, 1/3 cup, 1/2 cup, 1 cup, and 2 cup sizes. And Liquid measuring cups come in 2 cups or 4 cups size. There is another Measuring equipment called measuring spoons. Measuring spoons come in the range from 1/8 teaspoon, 1/4 teaspoon, 1/2 teaspoon, 1 teaspoon, and 1 tablespoon.
What size is a standard measuring cup?
Standard Measuring cups capacity is from 1/4 teaspoon or 1.25 ml to 1 cup or 250 mL
Is 1 cup dry the same as 1 cup liquid?
Yes. Both measures is the almost the same amount of volume. 1 cup in a dry measuring cup is the same as 1 cup in a liquid measuring cup.