A winter warming breakfast that is quick, delicious and easy to make. The oats used in this recipe will keep you fuller for longer and help to lower the “bad” cholesterol. It also contains 22% of the recommended daily calcium intake and is very low in sodium. Enjoy!
- 1/3 Cup quick oats
- 2/3 Cup skim milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 Medium banana, sliced
- 1/4 tsp. Vanilla essence
- 1 Sprinkle cinnamon, ground
- Place the quick oats and milk into a microwave safe container.
- Stir until well combined.
- Place in microwave and heat on high for 1 minute.
- Remove from microwave, stir well, then heat on high for another minute.
- Remove from the microwave and stir through cinnamon and vanilla.
- Slice banana and place on top.
- Amount Per Serving
Protein 11.12g 23%
- Vitamin A 0.84%
- Vitamin C 12.82%
- Calcium 22.51%
- Iron 7.89%
- Vitamin B12 43.33%
- Iodine 17.76%
- Magnesium 24.67%
- Zinc 25.88%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.