These tasty little patties are super easy, super quick and super delicious! If your kids don’t like eating veggies then try this recipe. It is packed full of Vitamin A for healthy eyesight. They are great for school or work lunches and freeze well.
- 125 g Tinned pink salmon, drained
- 300 g Sweet potato
- ½ Red onion
- 60 g Sun dried tomatoes
- ⅓ cup Fresh parsley
- ½ tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 Egg
- 3 tbsp Oat Bran
- Black Pepper to taste
- Plain flour to coat
- Olive Oil for frying
1. Peel and chop sweet potato into 2cm cubes. Place in a microwave safe bowl, cover with water and cook on high for 6 minutes or until cooked. Drain and cool.
2. Finely chop sun dried tomatoes, parsley and onion and lightly whisk egg.
3. Place drained salmon (include skin and bones), sweet potato, onion, sun dried tomatoes, parsley, lemon, oat bran and pepper in a medium bowl and mix with a large spoon or your hands until all ingredients are well combined.
4. Add whisked egg and mix through patty mixture.
5. Place about 1/4 cup plain flour in a shallow bowl
6. Spoon patty mixture into your hands and roll into small, bite sized patties.
7. Dust the patties in the flour to lightly coat.
8. Heat a large frying pan and add about 1 tbsp. olive oil. Cook the patties for about 3 minutes on each side until golden on both sides and cooked all the way through.
9. Serve with your favourite salad such as a Greek salad or garden salad.
- Amount Per Serving
Sodium 298.27mg 13%
Protein 19.29g 39%
- Vitamin A 125.93%
- Vitamin C 60.00%
- Calcium 16.10%
- Iron 10.72%
- Vitamin B12 33.33%
- Iodine 21.79%
- Magnesium 22.12%
- Zinc 42.75%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.