This meat free meal packs a whopping 22g protein, 434g Vitamin A, 228mg Vitamin C, 22g Fibre and 7mg Iron. Super delicious and super nutritious, you need to add this to your menu this week.
- 1 x 400g tin black beans, drained
- 1 medium red onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced or crushed
- 1 medium red capsicum, finely diced
- 100g (1/2 small punnet) mushrooms, finely diced
- 1 Cup silverbeet, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 cup buckwheat groats, uncooked
- Handful fresh coriander to garnish (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. sour cream to garnish (optional)
1. Add a little water to a large, heavy base frying pan to just cover the base. (we use water instead of oil).
2. Add the onion and garlic and simmer until the onion is clear.
3. Add the spices and stir well.
4. Add the beans, capsicum, mushrooms and silver beet and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. While the beans are cooking you can cook the buckwheat.
6. It’s best to follow the cooking instructions on each packet of grains you buy, however as a general rule you can cook grains to a ratio of 1:2.
7. This means for this recipe you cook 1/2 cup buckwheat to 1 cup water, in the microwave on high for 10 minutes.
8. Serve the bean mix and buckwheat together and garish with coriander and sour cream.
Servings : 2
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 503
- Total Fat 12.03g19%
- Saturated Fat 2.3g12%
- Sodium 709.95mg30%
- Total Carbohydrate 74.53g25%
- Dietary Fiber 22.40g90%
- Sugars 10.90g
- Protein 22.50g45%
- Vitamin A 62.14%
- Vitamin C 507.78%
- Calcium 14.73%
- Iron 39.78%
- Vitamin B12 0.0%
- Iodine 2.25%
- Magnesium 62.60%
- Zinc 56.13%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.