ALMOND COCONUT MUFFINS
These muffins can be made with any citrus zest for a light and refreshing snack. If you are using the essential oils, ensure they are nag h quality and food grade.
- 2 2/3 cups almond meal
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbs Natvia Sweetener
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 3 tbs coconut or, melted zest from half an orange or lemon
- 3 lbs coconut (shredded, I aked, or desiccated), for topping
- replace the zest with 1/2tsp vanilla paste
- Preheat oven to I8OC. Place a muffin pan on a baking tray and set aside, grease lightly if needed
- In a large bowl whisk together the almond meal, sweetener and baking powder.
- Then whisk together the ep ps, almond milk and coconut oil, and citrus zest or vanilla.
- Then whisk the egg mixture into the almond meal mixture.
- Fill each muffin cup with the batter, top with the coconut and bake for 15-20 minutes or until tops are light golden brown.
- Remove the muffins from the oven, allow to cool slightly, then remove from the muffin mould.