Avocado salads are quick and smooth to make and will keep you complete for longer. This vegan salad is made with cannellini beans, tomatoes and clean herbs. Great for lunch or a mild supper.
Each serving affords 727 kcal, 23g protein, 51g carbohydrates (of which 8g sugars), 42g fat, 28g fibre and 1g salt.
Required Time: 30 Minutes
- ¼ crimson onion, thinly sliced
- 400g tin cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 1 huge avocado, peeled, stoned and thickly sliced
- 100g/3½oz cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 20g/¾oz clean basil, roughly chopped
- ¼ lemon, juice only
- ½ tbsp more virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Soak the onion in a small bowl of bloodless water for 5 minutes to remove some of the heat.
- Toss the cannellini beans, avocado, cherry tomatoes and basil together in a bowl.
- Drain the onion and pat dry with kitchen paper then blend into the salad.
- Drizzle over the lemon juice and oil, season with salt and pepper and serve.
Cannellini beans are easy to get hold of, but this salad would also work with any white bean, such as haricot or chickpeas.