If you like biscuits or graham crackers, these are a healthier version that can be made six-ply at home. For more spice add a pinch of clove powder and ground nutmeg and /2 tsp ginger.
- 2 1/2 cups almond real
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp organic vanilla paste
- 1 tbs coconut oil, melted
- Good pinch Himalayan sea salt
- 2 tbsp Natvia or another natural sweetener
- Preheat the oven to 18OC.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine the almond meal, Nativa, cinnamon and sea salt in a large bowl.
- Beat the egg, coconut oil and vanilla until well combined.
- Add the egg mixture to the almond meal and stir well
- Then use your hands to bring the dough together and ensure it’s combined well.
- Place ‘dough’ in the freezer to chill for 7-10 minutes.
- Roll dough out on a sheet of baking paper. It should be only 2-3mm thick and then cut into such squares.
- Place the crackers onto the lined ba<inp tray.
- Prick the crackers with a fork, then bake in the oven for lO-12 minutes or until just starting to brown.
- Allow cooling on a cooling rack then keep in an airtight container for up to 5 days.