- 185g / 1 cup buckwheat groats
- 60g / about 2/3 cup chopped nuts (almonds, hazelnuts or walnuts)
- 4 tbs sunflower seeds
- 1 tbs pumpkin seeds
- 1 1/2 tbs rice malt syrup
- 1 tbs coconut oil, melted
- handful of fresh coriander
- 3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- Preheat the oven to 150C/300F, and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the buckwheat groats with the chopped nuts, seeds and spices.
- Pour over the coconut oil and rice malt syrup and stir well coat the groats.
- Spread the groats evenly on the lined tray, then bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Then turn the granola roughly with a spatula and bake for another 5 minutes, or until it’s just starting to brown.
- This granola can burn quickly so keep your eyes on it after the 10 minute mark.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool on the tray. Then transfer to an airtight container and store in a cool place for 10 days, of the fridge for 3 weeks, if it lasts that long!