Blend different nuts for more flavoursome nut milk. This one adds the robust flavour of hazelnuts to the almonds and the nutrients from Brazil nuts!
- 70g /l/2 heaped cup almonds,
- 3 Cups filtered water raw, soaked overnight
- 65g / 1/2 cup hazelnuts, raw dipped overnight
- 3 Brazil nuts, raw
- 1/2 Vanilla bean, seeds scraped, or 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or essence
- Pinch Himalayan salt ground
- cinnamon to serve
- Rinse the soaked nuts and add to thermomix bowls or a blender jug.
- Then add the water and the vanilla.
- Blend on high for 90 seconds, or until the blender sounds smooth.
- Place a nut milk bag into a jug or large bowl, and then pour the nut milk mixture through the nut milk bag.
- Then wearing gloves or with very clean hands, squeeze all the liquid from the nuts.
- Pour into a glass bottle (at least 750 ml) and refrigerate the milk for up to 4 days.
- Or, add additional flavours to the milk base.
- Store in the fridge for 4-5 days.