Macadamia milk is rich and creamy milk with a smooth flavour. Packed with healthy fats, and also contains calcium and vitamin D.
- 140g /1 heaped cup macadamias
- 3 cups of filtered water
- 1/2 vanilla bean, seeds scraped, or 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or essence
- Pinch Himalayan salt
METHOD: MAKES 75OmI
- Add the macadamias, water and vanilla to a thermomix bowl or a blender jug.
- Blend on high for 90 seconds, or until the blender sounds smooth.
- Place a nut milk bag into a jug or large bowl, and then pour the macadamia milk mixture through the nut milk bag.
- Then wearing gloves or with very clean hands, squeeze all the liquid from the nuts.
- Pour into a glass bottle (at least 75OmI) and refrigerate the milk for up to 4 days.
- Or, add additional I flavour to the milk base.