This fermented bean paste is a fantastic staple to have in your fridge. Use it to make a quick soup, or add to sauces or marinades. Add a selection of vegetables to the soup, or enjoy them so booth on its own.
- 2 cups of water
- 1-2 tbs miso paste
- 1 spring onion, green parts sliced
- 2 cm ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1-2 sheets wakame seaweed, roughly torn or cut into small pieces.
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 tbs fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Add the water to a saucepan.
- Add the miso paste and bring to a simmer, and stir to dissolve the miso paste.
- Remove from the heat and add the spring onion, ginger and wakame.
- Cover and leave to sit until the wakame has wilted.
- Add the chilli and coriander if using.
- Serve hot.