One frypan, two salmon cutlets, three glugs of white wine, and a handful of fresh vegetables and herbs. That’s all you need to make this tantalizing meal! It’s a satisfying plate of protein and omega-3 fatty acids simmered in a rich and flavorful sauce. Use other fish cutlets as desired!
- 2 x salmon cutlets
- 2 tbs gluten free flour
- 3/4 cup dry white wine OR fish stock
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 cup flat-leafed parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 1/2 tsp baby capers, diced
- 2 tsp olive oil salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup of water
- To Serve Steamed or roasted green beans
- To a large frypan, add the white wine or fish stock and bring to a simmer. Cover and bring to a simmer. Meanwhile, prepare the other ingredients.
- In a small bowl combine the chopped tomatoes, diced red onion, diced garlic, capers and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the tomato mixture to the simmering wine or stock and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, spread the flour on a plate, place the salmon cutlets on top and turn to coat.
- To the sauce, add the parsley and 1/4 cup of water, then add the salmon cutlets. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Then carefully flip the cutlets, cover again, and simmer for another 4 minutes, or until the sauce has slightly thickened.
- Transfer the salmon cutlets to a plate and spoon over the sauce. Serve with salad or roasted vegetables.