This soup is packed full of protein to keep you full for longer, as well as iron, fibre, calcium and vitamins. This vegetable soup is gluten and nut-free.
Each serving provides 306kcal, 15g protein,40 g carbohydrate, 7.5g fat, 9g fibre and 1.4g salt.
Required time: 30 mins to 1 hour
Fruit and vegetables
- Fresh basil leaves
- 2 carrots
- 1 large onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 stalks celery
- 2-3 small potatoes
Tins, packets and jars
- 200g/7oz rinsed and drained bottled haricot beans,
- salt and black pepper
- 4 tbsp/ 2½fl oz olive oil
Dairy, eggs and chilled
- 100g/3½oz parmesan
- 1 ready-made bouquet garni
- Chop the vegetables (potatoes, carrots and celery) into small dice.
- While you’re cutting the greens, warmness the olive oil in a pan. Add the chopped vegetables to the pan.
- Chop the onion into pieces the identical length because the chopped celery, carrots and potato then add to the pan.
- Crush the garlic cloves with the base of your hand and upload the unpeeled cloves to the pan. Gently sweat the veggies within the olive oil for a few minutes, just to shade them slightly and add the bouquet garni.
- Pour inside the water and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cover and produce the soup to the simmer and prepare dinner for approximately 10-15 minutes, till the veggies are just smooth.
- Make the pistou. Place the basil leaves in a smooth bowl. Roughly chop the parmesan and upload to the bowl and pour in the olive oil and season with salt and black pepper.
- Blend to an easy sauce with a hand-held blender. The sauce must be bright inexperienced and feature a fairly smooth consistency.
- Add the beans to the soup. Remove the bouquet garni.
- Cook until the veggies are gentle and the beans are heated through.
- Drizzle over a few olive oil and serve with a few properly bread.