Fluffy almond pancakes can still be enjoyed when eating clean! Make these extra special and top them with nut butter, berries, or a sprinkle of nuts and seeds.
- 4 eggs large, separated
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup coconut milk or cream
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 3 tsp Natvia or use Stevia
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- berries, chopped nuts or seeds nut butter
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the egg yolks, coconut cream and sweetener, until the mixture is smooth.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the almond flour with the baking powder, then whisk it into the egg mixture.
- Beat the egg whites in a separate bowl, then fold the egg whites into the batter.
- Melt the coconut oil in a fry pan over medium heat.
- Spoon about 2 tbs of the batter into the hot fry pan to make a pancake.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until lightly browned, and then gently flip each pancake and cook for 2 minutes on the other side. Careful not to flip before it’s ready otherwise the mixture may crumble!
- Serve hot and top with nut butter and your favourite berries.