Granola doesn’t have to be laden with sugar. This one is a crunchy mixture of nuts, coconut, spices and psyllium husks. Substitute pa I of the nuts for seeds to create different versions every time.
- 2 1/2 cups almonds, roughly chopped
- 2 1/2 tbs psyllium husks
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla
- good pinch Himalayan salt
- 1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 drops Stevia or 2 tbs Natvia
- 2 egg whites, whisked
- 1/2 cup macadamias, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 1/2 tbs coconut flour
- Preheat the oven to 18OC and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Com bone the coconut flour, chopped nuts, psyllium husks, Stevia, cinnamon, baking powder, Himalayan salt in a large bowl and stir well to combine.
- Add the whisked egg whites, coconut oil and vanilla and stir well to coat.
- Spread out the granola onto the If ned baking tray and bake in the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes, then flip the granola with a spatula
- Then return to the oven for another 10-15 minute until the granola is slightly brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely – it will pet crunchier as It cools.
- Keep in an airtight container for 4 weeks.