Lightly saute seasonal vegetables with herbs and spices, then nest some eggs in the middle. You have yourself a veggie-packed breakfast that’s filled with protein.
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 large white cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 spring onion,
- green and white ends, sliced
- 1/4 bunch coriander leaves and stems, or use parsley leaves
- 1 tsp ground turmeric.
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp cold-pressed olive oil or coconut oil
- Heat a large frypan over medium heat.
- Add the oil, then add the cumin seeds and turmeric, cook for TO seconds.
- Then add the cabbage, carrots and spring onion to the pan and saute for 4 minutes or until starting to soften
- Then stir in the coriander or parsley, and lemon juice.
- Then push the vegetables to the edge of the pan to create a’ nest’ in the middle.
- Break the eggs into the’ nest’ and cook for another 4-5 minutes or until the eggs are nearly set.
- Serve immediately.